Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Revised wishlist

I'm refraining from buying anything right now. Maybe it's because we're between seasons and sales. I don't want to buy any summer clothes--it's just not practical where I live now, when it's already cold enough to wear my thin cashmere hoodie in the mornings. And it's too early for Fall, either to truly contemplate or to seriously acquire for. I'm no squirrel. Hoarding away for the winter has not worked out well for me. Buying in advance of necessity is a practice that I'm gonna try to abandon.













So that leaves wishing. I still want the Twinkle wool skirt. And I found a pair of fantastic grey suede booties and glazed leather handbag, too, from Lulu Guinness and Theory, respectively. The latter items I just find so slick and cool, but at this moment unnecessary. Would they fit into my lifestyle? Do I have a slick and cool life? I think not.

As Coco Chanel said, "elegance is refusal."

No comments: