Thursday, August 24, 2006

Cute things

Being in a profession that requires I get in front of people every day, and act the authority, I have become a more conservative dresser. I leave most of my cute things (overalls, glitter shoes, slip dresses, shorts, miniskirts, fitted tops, and all but the baggiest jeans) at home when I get dressed in the morning.

In the way that I dress, I try not to give the wrong impression. I try to place a distance between myself and my audience. So nothing too young, nothing too playful or sexy.

Then when the weekend comes, too, it feels like too much of a shock for the system--too much exposure, sometimes--to haul out and put on those cute things.

Eventually, that translates to less wear for the short dresses and colorful tops, and then the next time I go shopping, I'm less apt to buy these things.

I'm starting to feel a little stifled in the way that I dress, accordingly. My favorite things, I can't wear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As your personal, in house, Chief Admirer At Large, I believe you are not shocking my system enough. I'm calling for an immediate 50% increase in shocking outfits as well as a 100% increase in playful and/or sexy. If these demands are not met, I'm going to pout in the corner and believe me, it won't be pretty.