Sunday, August 13, 2006

Perfume

In college, it was my goal to find a perfect histamine-inducing perfume. I wanted it to be fresh and flowery, like walking through a meadow that makes you sneeze at every step. I found a pretty good candidate in Origins "Spring Fever." Even the name had the effect I was after.

I found a even better version yesterday. The limited edition "Grass" from Marc Jacobs. Just like a mown lawn, but with a few lighter notes thrown in.

But yesterday I was looking for something a little more grown-up and sophisticated. Enter Prada Tendre. There's patchouli and sandalwood oil in there (I admit it. I like those smells. So sue me. I came of age in Austin, world of hippies.), but it's not too overpowering. I like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you were shopping for me, you would get something that smells like brand new computer gear. Something with a note of fresh plastic, a hint of esther, and perhaps a tiny inflection of aluminum. Just a thought.