Saturday, August 12, 2006

Color palette

Mostly...
> grey
> navy blue
> teal
> white
> black

To add contrast and "pop"...
> french blue
> yellow, faded
(more watery sunshine at the ocean than mustard on a corndog)
> brown
> grass green

In the back of my mind, when I'm shopping, I'm trying to stay within this color scheme. The key to having a more versatile wardrobe is having separates that can mix and match, in terms of proportions and color. So I tell myself, to dissuade myself from kaleidoscope patterns.

Proportion: I want most of my tops to end at about the hip area, since I hate to tuck in and I'm too short to wear longer. For skirts, I like them at the knee or a few inches above. Although, come winter, I might try to channel a little grunge circa 1990 with long, puddley, mud-colored skirts.

Colors: While I still am drawn to pretty things, I'm trying to think about the color palette before getting them. Will the color coordinate with other things in my closet? Will I need to buy something else to make them work? Do I love it?

No comments: