Thursday, July 13, 2006

Relationships

My aversion to shopping has shifted, at least for awhile. I found the sparkle shoes for half off at another site, and those have been ordered along with other things. It all seems very decadent, even to me, especially to me, but most things get sent right back. So I tell myself. I have a budget, but I haven't been keeping track of my expenditures, so I don't have a budget.

I've come to hate shopping in the stores. I can't make instantaneous decisions, especially with an eager SA hovering near. And I hate relationships that are suspect, where one person stands to profit and so you're never quite sure about their friendliness. I'm not comfortable with anyone serving me. Restaurants are okay most of the time, since they'll get a fat tip at the end, and everyone knows the terms.

But the idea of a professional haircut, manicure, pedicure, or spa day doesn't excite me at all. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Several ex-boys have offered to pay for these things, thinking that money was the obstacle, but it's not. I don't want strangers touching me, and I don't want to be like a queen bee tended by little ants. I don't like that kind of relationship.

Anyway, maybe the online shopping thing...ah, well, it's probably just another way to avoid social interaction.


Karen Walker plum silk gathered bow top &
Jessica Ogden canvas book bag

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd go with the avoiding social interaction. I've never known anyone in my entire life who tries to avoid new situations as much as you.

Nhu said...

Hmmph. You say that like it's a bad thing.

ravi said...

Well nice post..