Friday, July 21, 2006

Keepers

From Creatures of Comfort, I'm keeping the Karen Walker silk top. The moment I put it on, I knew, the way you know about a good melon (ty When Harry...). Maybe all this shopping is helping hone my instincts for keepers and send-it-backers.

It felt like a hug, snug around the shoulders but not tight. It fit perfectly.

I'm debating the book bag. I love book bags, but it's pretty spendy for canvas.

From Neiman Marcus, I like the shoes. I wore it out today, exposing my nappy feet to all the world. I have to do a home pedicure today. But in any case, I was hoping the sparkles would distract people from my horny-toed self.

I also like the brown polka-dotted cami. Very lightweight and summery. That's summer decadence for you, when you can wear sheer things without feeling too scandalous.

Then today I went downtown to find some swim trunks. The boy said his trunks are donelapped. Meaning, "they done lapped over" the waistband.

But of course, I'm no saint. I went and looked for my stuff, too. Passed through Nordstrom's but didn't go look at clothes. Got a black belt, white tee shirt, and shoes at Anthropologie. Argh! I've made a new resolution for NO MORE SHOES, but these were so cute and on sale. I'd seen them many times on the website, so when I saw them in person and on sale for half off, it felt like fate. Or close enough for me.

Then I stopped into Sephora and got makeup and some blotting tissue (above). I don't know why. Every once in awhile I try to be a proper girl. And the stuff is just so pretty. The packaging, with flowers, and pink colors, and shiny surfaces. Even if I don't use it, the prettiness makes me happy.

No comments: