Tuesday, January 02, 2007

First day

Today was a day of first impressions, and as such I had to make a good one. I put on the clothes of the ruling class, like a good little girl, although I neglected to tuck in. Ha ha ha! My one act of rebellion (besides the striped Doc Marten sneaks). The man does not own me yet!

So it's into the tricky part of dressing, where I have to carefully examine outfits for their appropriateness. I always thought it was so sad to see the women in an office dressed as if they were trolling for dates at work. What a whiff of desperation, never a pleasant odor.

So I try to avoid the office skank style. The tight polyester black pants. (Always black. Have you noticed that? to visually reduce the size of the caboose. Only the interns wear tight grey flannels.) The wrap top that highlights the boobage. The high heels.

For me, though, I have a different list of contraband separates, mostly because my work environment isn't really an office setting. So no:
* Paige or Earl jeans
* short skirts
* boots with bare legs

No comments: