Sunday, January 28, 2007

No more

In order for the new quality over quantity equation to work, I actually have to reduce the number of things I buy. I've already upped the quality (and the price). That part is easy.

I turned away so many cute things this weekend. Didn't even try them on. But my willpower fell when I stepped foot into Anthropologie, specifically when I ventured near the sale rack. I had already decided not to get any more Anthropologie brands (the in-store brands that is their bread and butter), but only actual designer brands that get marked down cheap there. Last night, though, I came across a lot of bargains that I usually don't find.

. Joe's jeans ... marked down to $20 from 158
. wool maxi skirt ... marked down to $30 from 218
. Venera Arapu wool vest ... $30 from around 158
. Velvet jersey dress ... on sale (that's all you need to know)

With savings like that, it was practically free.

However. I have a shameful confession to make. The salesgirl recognized me from my place of work because "I always see you wearing Anthropologie clothes." Arghhh! I vowed then and there to start frequenting thrift stores again. That's the problem with chain stores. They're like one night stands.* Cute and cheap, but everyone is wearing them.

* not first-hand knowledge

No comments: