Monday, May 01, 2006

Trying stuff on

I really like getting things in the mail. I always have. As a child, I signed up for penpals and eagerly anticipated the arrivals of the next letter from India, Finland, or Spain.

Now that I'm older I basically have to send myself stuff to get things in the mail. I like to buy things online because, as I told the boy long ago, it triples the fun. There's the fun of shopping around and considering, the waiting and checking the mail every few hours, and finally the arrival and opening of the box.

THREE things came today. The Tsumori Chisato blouse, the Michael Kors handbag (love!), and the Diesel overalls. I like trying them on and running to the various mirrors around the house to look at myself. I wonder a little bit if I just buy stuff as self-recognition. To look in the mirror and say, "there I am."

No comments: