Wednesday, May 17, 2006

100th post

Those Repetto shoes kill my feet. There's hardly any sole to them. I think I've gotten used to Birkenstock's shock-absorbing cushion. I was thinking fondly about cork soles as I walked around in those dang ballet shoes, scrupulously avoiding gravel, pockmarks in the sidewalk, miscellaneous stained street parts, etc.

But interestingly enough, the shoes make me take smaller steps. And step more daintily. Maybe the definition of a feminine shoe isn't the looks of it, but how they alter your walk. It's like foot-binding, except without the crippling and curling feet. But I certainly felt hindered walking around.

The boy said that those shoes are only meant to go small distances. I think, like women in general. My uncle once said that he liked having all girls in his family, because girls stayed close to home.

No comments: