Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Studies

I am studying my closet. It's time to clear out the things, weeding bad choices, editing down the selection. But I think I better figure out why I get some things, and they end up being well-loved and -worn, and other things I hate a few months later.

I think where I most trip up are two places:
. the SALE
. the trend

Hence, I have ended up with leggings (cute when I had to search for it. tacky now that it's ubiquitous) and bubble skirt. It's like the detritus that gets blown into a cul-de-sac. I don't know how they ended up here.

Then there's the sale items. Hard to resist. The voice of my mother rises up, says, "A bargain! It's practically free."

Help me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need a bigger closet. Perhaps two closets. One for stuff you currently like, and one for stuff that will be back in fashion in a few years.

Nhu said...

Good thinking.