Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rain



I've become taken with the idea of rain hats. It came about a few weeks ago as I was dashing out the door when it was drizzling out, thinking how nice it would be to have a cute little bucket hat to cover my head. This idle thought reached a fever pitch the other day when I was caught in a heavier rain whilst walking around outside for a good 20 minutes. By the time I got indoors, my hair was a frizzball.


At first, I thought a little Coach hat might do the trick. Yes, it's logo-ish, but when the weather is adverse, I think people forgive questionable fashion.


But if I wanted to really take advantage of that fashion rule, this Noreaster hat makes the absurdity of 30 days of rain (like last year) a little more fun.


I briefly considered a 3.1 Phillip Lim rain slicker as a high-fashion alternative. But I think it's a little too much and I would get tired of it by day 27.

So I ended up with a Land's End kid's hat in yellow, not blue as pictured here. I think it's functional, cute, and cheap. Can't beat that. (Psst. I might still get the Noreaster hat. It's just too fun.)

No comments: