Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fall wardrobe needs

The clothes that get the most use in my closet are the ones that I bought after having identified a gap in my wardrobe. That is, when I would get dressed in the mornings, I would be thinking to myself how nice it would be to have "X" to pull together my outfit. I think for this winter, these are the "X" factors.

I really need another pair of winter shoes. I wear the same old tired Doc Marten sneakers day in and day out. That's because they're comfortable and keep my feet warm and dry, but surely there must be others that might fit the bill? I have beenthinking about ankle boots or simply another pair of oxfords. I really like the versatility of the Clarks desert boots, but they don't import the women's version to the States.

I also would like to get one or two thick, cuddly sweaters. I'd like them to be oversized and slouchy, perhaps even falling off one shoulder. I'd like to also find a vest cardigan and a cardigan in neutral colors that I can layer.





Besides that, I think I need at least two more tops that I can wear to work. Cotton will ensure that they get worn. While I love the idea of silk (it seems like the most romantic of fabrics), I never actually wear silk tops. Too fussy for me in real life. This tie-neck swing top from Phillip Lim is just the kind of beautiful, simple top that I actually would wear and love wearing.



My layering tees from J. Crew get constant rotation, so I plan to get a few more to replace the ones that have gotten stained and holey.

And I would love to get a leather jacket. But I don't know if I'll find the perfect one, and I'm only willing to drop the dough on a perfect one.

The operative word this winter is WARM!

No comments: