Monday, May 14, 2007

Tops

I don't have a lot of tops in my closet. Rather, I have mostly jeans and skirts and other bottoms. It stems from a pattern of buying acquired in my teenage years.

It used to be that I got depressed about my looks every time I looked in the upward vicinity of my body, and so when I tried on tops, I usually just gave up and put the item back on the rack. And it had always been so difficult in finding proper jeans that fit when I was younger, that I'm still conditioned to purchase pants whenever I find something "close enough."

So now I have to make a conscious effort to balance out my acquisitions. More tops than bottoms. It's slow going, but currrently I'm enamored with the idea of pussy bow tops like this one. I like the irony, the slight tinge of 1950s working girl. And I think it's cute.

No comments: