Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Eyelet

I don't even like eyelet, but I find myself the owner of two expensive eyelet blouses. This situation goes against everything that I stand for in shopping.

1. I spent a lot of money on summer clothing. (Typically, summer clothes are bright, trendy, disposable, and cheap.)
2. I acquired something that I don't love.

Perhaps it dates back to an image imprinted into memory from my college days. I remember standing at the bus stop next to a girl in a thin, almost sheer blouse. The sunlight shone on her, and she seemed so girlish in an unassuming, fragile way, there in her summery cotton frock. I've always loved that image.

2 comments:

G.G. said...

I love lace skirts and I keep thinking I'm going to look like the girl you described in them - I never do, and I've banned myself from buying any more. You could always sell them on eBay - since white summer dresses (esp. lace) are so big this summer, you could probably get a good price for them.

Nhu said...

True, but I've come to like eyelet despite myself.