Tuesday, March 21, 2006

APC redux

I've had the APC shirt for about a month now. It's just a plain grey s/s top with pintucking at the neckline, but it cost $88, which is why I was tracking the shirt's success.

And it has held up better than shirts that I've bought at cheaper places. There has been no pilling and no wear. When it gets too wrinkled from being piled on the floor, I only have to hang it up and the wrinkles go away.

It's also more versatile than it seems. It's plain but has a little bit of specialness in the pintucking, which makes it drape well. The material is viscose rather than cotton, and that makes a difference in the way it hangs, too. It's also a longer length than most shirts, so it's good tucked in or out, or layered under or over.

So in my small experiment, my conclusion is that some brands do justify the higher cost. This will, of course, require further research.

No comments: