Friday, July 27, 2007

Wishlist

Rebecca Minkoff date clutch
I want a large, daytime clutch that I can tuck under my arm when I go on my errands. I like the idea of a beautiful, simple piece of leatherwork as a handbag. Will wait until it goes on sale somewhere.

A.P.C. black smocked dress, Fall/Winter collection
The collection this Fall season is rather watered-down and disappointing. Too much like past seasons in some ways (the things that I don’t need), and too little like them in others (in the things I do, like crepe-soled boots or a fantastic winter coat). Of all the things, though, I am enamored with this little black number, with its moody inkblot color and monastic lines. Will wait for the Winter clearance sale in mid-December. Still a lot of winter remaining then!

I’ve changed my budget to reflect a birds-eye view of my sartorial acquisitions. So now my budget spans several months (two seasons in Seattle: rainy, and summer) instead of one month, and that allows me to buy more strategically. Perhaps I’ll spend more than one month’s budget on one item, but I’ll get less items overall, and I’ll be sure that it’s something that can work for me the entire season at least.

The contraction of my budget has forced me to dive deeper into my existing wardrobe. I come across items that I don’t really love anymore, and I find that the next time I go shopping, I have a better idea of what will hold up in my affections. But I’m also moving through my wardrobe more as well, and I wear things that I had tired of. I do like the idea of wearing my clothes until they grow tatters.

No comments: