Sunday, February 18, 2007

Vroom

If cars are indeed extensions of the body, my body has recently gotten lighter, faster, and cleaner. Gone are the bags of clothes meant to be taken to Goodwill, but instead left inside the leaky trunk to moulder and mildew. Gone too are the broken-down radiator, can of paint (though the ring of rust stayed), Tupperware with half-eaten potato chips rattling inside, assortment of forks and spoons, cassette tapes, and gallon jugs of water. I vacuumed the inside clean of spilled dirt, shredded leaves, and sand, so now every seat can be occupied. As a sign of better days to come, I have a pocket trashcan designed for cars on the passenger side, and a new visor organizer to cover up the gaping hole in my old visor, where the mirror used to be. Into the visor I've tucked a spare pair of sunglasses, three CDs, a stick of honey lipbalm, and an emergency granola bar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"As a sign of better days to come" -- good for you. I think you need to get a pair of those sleek racing shoes you had your eye on at one time. Perhaps a new pair of sunglasses too!