Sunday, February 04, 2007

Better start saving up my pennies

3.1 Philip Lim

He's only been out a few seasons on his own (he'd been the designer for Development heretofore), but he's already garnered a reputation for cool, clean, downtown-y looks with a well-made approach.

I'm loving these looks from his F/W 07 collection.

The cropped motorcycle jacket. Retains some of the toughness of a black leather jacket, but with the refinement of a lady's cropped topper.

Or maybe this patent leather number instead.









Simple but rendered in luxe leather. I like the short length of the wide shoulder strap, which is a bit more modern. Although I've seen a couple of iterations of this bulging crescent shape, I like this one best for its unpretentiousness.



The skirt. Structured, but short and sweet.

No comments: