Friday, February 16, 2007

Boutique

Went into one the other day, dragged in by the gal friend. I only meant to window shop, but then she wanted to look inside, and then I spied the sale rack.

I walked away with a Three Dots grecian-inspired jersey dress with vertical pleats. It's maroon colored and drapey. I got it in the large size so that it would be loose and slouchey, as opposed to the small size that I tried on, which was more summer date-type dress.

I realized that Anthropologie is modelled to be like a boutique, in the quaint details and boudoir setting. Recently, the store has widened their aisles to let the SUV strollers through. Drat! Like the store needed more bored housewives flipping through the racks.

I avoided going in last night because I am horrified that the SAs recognize me. *hangs head in shame* I realized that the major major problem with shopping in these mall stores is that you always see yourself coming and going.

So I might be visiting the small boutiques more often, especially as I think I'm succeeding in the buying-less-but-better endeavor.

No comments: