Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Pajamas

I did not wear pajamas growing up. I think that habit might be a distinctly middle class notion, this idea of wearing something completely different to bed, for the sole purpose of sleeping.

Instead, I wore whatever I changed into after school. Most likely, a pair of shorts and a tee shirt.

A few years ago, I asked for a pair of pajamas for Christmas. Actually...my memory has gotten muddy. It must have been about eight years ago (holy geee!). My sister--who could always be counted on to give slightly better things than what I wished for--got me a plaid flannel pajama set. The pattern was startling, but the fabric was warm, and we settled in nicely together.

So I know it's getting cooler once I start padding around in those pj pants again. The elastic is shot, so mostly I pad around the apartment with the pants hanging low, like a gangster.

No comments: