Saturday, October 28, 2006

Changes to simple

I have 4 shopping bags of clothes that I want to try to sell. That sounds horribly indulgent, even to me, but I console myself with the thoughts of a friend who had 8 garbage bags of stuff for Goodwill that she found on her floor.

A few things that have changed about my style:
* darker colors like grey and navy blue
* plain colors instead of patterns (easier to mix and coordinate. looks more expensive even if it's not. chic.)
* simpler items with less embellishments
* layering
* skirts again
* "luxury" fabrics like cashmere, wool, and jersey cotton

The boy has remarked that these changes lets my body shape come through. I've gotten a few dresses lately that are very very simple. A swath of blue jersey with a belt, falling to the knee; a slip dress with a banded vee bodice. He was referring to these things.

I've been pondering how to dress for the winter without becoming total frump. My body doesn't have the kinds of curves that look good in a thick wool sweater. I tend to get swamped in them. So I suppose it's a simple minimalist style that might work for me.

No comments: