Sunday, September 24, 2006

The easiest way to make friends

...is to leave the dressing room carrying stuff. In this case, the dressing room at Macy's carrying the sweater and leggings. Suddenly, I was swarmed by SA's who told me I was so cute with my dress on, and what a lovely sweater I was getting, and oh, was I ready to be rung up? I even got a restaurant recommendation while I was at it.

Not to be snarky about it. I just thought it kinda funny to see the heretofore desultory shopgirls spring into action at the sight of a woman with things in her hands.

We all play this game, I suppose. I have a few agreeable responses canned and ready to deploy at the first sign of it. "Yes, it will make a good layering piece." "I think so, too." And always gracious and good enough: "Thank you."

No comments: