Friday, June 30, 2006

Summer at the thrift store

The best books have just appeared at all the thrift stores around town. Usually, you mostly find thrillers and romance novels. But today I got
. Gnomes
. The White Hotel, D.M. Thomas (a pretty sexy, but literate, novel)
. Wuthering Heights
. Heart of Darkness
. Gulliver's Travels
. The Sun Also Rises
. The Iliad

The other day, I found
. The Complete Guide to Birdfeeding
. Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass

Seeing as how I have mostly nothing to do this summer, I may as well start a reading program. Reading helps me feel normal.

I've also resumed the shopping. First thrift stores, then it became online shopping. These days, I hate going into the stores, where you have to talk to overly friendly SAs and make decisions on the spot. I like to relish the idea of having something, and imagine what it would be like, which o.s. lets me do.

No comments: