Sunday, October 16, 2005

Gearing up for Fall

Since summer, I've given myself wholly over to my fashion obsessions. Being somewhat of an intellectual, I have tried to hide it over the years. But alas, game's up.

So perhaps this is my way of moving into adulthood by acquiring the accoutrements. I'm not sure. I do know that I'm pretty unsatisfied with my trickle-down style.

So I've edited my wardrobe, sold bags of things to Buffalo Exchange and Crossroads, and given even more to Goodwill. I'm almost ready to slowly invest in good, last-forever pieces. But right now, I'm still in my "research phase." This blog is my attempt to sort things out.

You might not know that from the list of things I've bought this weekend. But these armloads of fun, trifling items will serve the purpose for now: to outfit me for work, and to have fun.

black opaque tights (DKNY)
brown cord jacket in military style (Forever 21)
denim mini (Forever 21)
sea green polka-dotted shrug (Forever 21)
red and tan striped top with bow detail (Forever 21)
(2) black and cream criss-cross babydoll top with crochet collar (Limited)
grey knickers (Forever 21)
menswear-inspired waistcoat (Banana Republic) in size 10
blue and white striped C&C l/s v-neck (Buffalo Exchange)
Thank You cards (Crane)

and online....
Marc by Marc Jacobs wallet
Repetto ballet flats
Free People gauze sundress
Free People lace camisole
Theory strapless pleated dress
12th St. oversized sweater

No comments: