Monday, April 10, 2006

Miu Miu!

I had been laying in bed all morning listening to the door for sounds of the mailman. It was still grey and quiet outside. At last, I heard some rumbling and then the sound of a thud. I pulled on some pants and scurried outside.

The box the bags came in was much larger than I expected--standing almost halfway up the doorframe. I dragged the box inside and carefully slit the masking tape.

It was like Christmas, with layers of tissue paper, more boxes underneath, and then inside the grey box, the grey dust bags that held the handbags. The dust bags were cinched with long strings that had to be untied.

I'm going to keep the buffalo sac. The leather is thick, soft, and squishy. I kept running my fingers over it and smelling the leather all morning. The whole experience is quite tactile, really. I like how it looks. It's large, but not ludicrously so. It will fit all my books and papers. It also looks nicer than anything I've ever owned, but it's casual enough for everyday. And while it looks very nice, it's not obviously logoed or designer.

(the white one...eh. Too schoolmarmish and plain.)

Success!!

No comments: