Thursday, February 16, 2006

A.P.C.

Once you break some arbitrary price point, it's difficult to go back. For most of my life, I had the requirement that whatever I bought had to be on sale. Sometime after college, that requirement fell to the wayside. What remained was the requirement that any article of clothing (besides dresses) be less than 40 dollars.

Slowly that has been inching upwards. At this point, I'm not sure that I have a firm price barrier. I just bought a full-price wool vest for $100. And a s/s top from A.P.C. for $88. I could justify the wool vest because it was practical and warm, but I have no excuses for the stuff from A.P.C. (I have more things on pre-order). I had just heard a lot about their quality, and I wanted to see for myself.

I'm tired of disposable clothing. In its way, it's wasteful as well.

No comments: